Benefits of The Magnificent Mile Association membership include complimentary, ongoing promotion through various marketing outlets, in addition to paid promotional opportunities.
The BMO Harris Bank Magnificent Mile Lights Festival is the national kick-off to the holiday season. Run Mag Mile is the only race in Chicago to run along The Magnificent Mile. And public art installations and brand activations engage consumers along the public way year-round.
Learn more about how your business or brand can partner with The Magnificent Mile Association below!
Lights Festival Lane
- Two days of free, family-friendly activities in Pioneer Court (401 N. Michigan Avenue) starting on Friday afternoon, and opening again Saturday until 3:30PM.
Visitors can look forward to games and activities in the BMO Harris Kids Zone, Chicagoland treats like Garrett Popcorn and Eli's Cheesecake Co., and even a visit with Santa.
- Sponsor a booth and customize the space to fit your brand!
- Beginning at 5:30 p.m. CST on Saturday evening, Grand marshals Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse from Walt Disney World® lead a magical tree-lighting procession as they illuminate more than one million lights along The Magnificent Mile.
The procession features spectacular floats, helium-filled balloons, marching bands and top musical performers.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available for parade floats, balloons, talent and more!
- The Lights Festival parade is broadcast live on ABC7 Chicago and aired in more than 90% of the nation during the holiday season, with repeat airings in multiple markets.
The Lights Festival also airs in some Canadian markets, broadcasting the event to a key international audience.
- The official Lights Festival Facebook event had 93,000 engaged attendees in 2017, and areach of 2.1M!
- The event had a $20M impact on the City of Chicago in 2017, supporting 12,450 jobs and generating 9,300 room nights.
- 150,000+ visits to TheMagnificentMile.com over the event weekend alone.
- 620M print/online media impressions with coverage in 12+ countries.
- The Holiday Activity Guide features event sponsors, a schedule of events, and surrounding holiday offers. The guide is printed in a quantity of 10,000; and the online guide received 28,500 downloads in 2017.
Run Mag Mile 10k & 5k™ is brought to you by RAM Racing. The race is open to men and women and is the only sporting event in Chicago to feature The Magnificent Mile as the course centerpiece.
Participants receive an award-winning goodie bag, which they collect at packet pickup along with their race packet.
Member participants are able to promote their business during the entire race weekend as a complimentary benefit of their membership.
The Association has supported several activations along the public way, including Amazon.com and Google. Recent charitable art projects included K9s for Cops and Lighthouses on The Magnificent Mile.
Engagement with public art and consumer activations provided great brand visibility and strong social media presence.
Association staff support permitting and logistics of all art and activations along the public way.