Did you know?

Use of the Public Way

  • If you see somebody aggressively asking for money
  • If you see a large crowd on the street blocking pedestrian access or traffic
  • If someone is physically blocking any entrance or exit to your building
  • If you see a child who appears to be homeless or unattended
  • If you see an adult who appears to be be homeless and needs medical attention
  • If you see someone peddling merchandise on the sidewalk within the prohibited area
  • If you are being disturbed by an loud amplified sound on the public way
  • If you see someone handing out promotional good on the sidewalk
  • If you see graffiti anywhere in the District
  • If street lights are out
  • If you see a sandwich board sign or any other good being store on the sidewalk
  • For general questions regarding police services
  • To file a police report for minor damage to, or theft of property
  • For any other non-emergency public way issues
  • For any public way permits
  • For animal care or control issues
  • For public health issues
  • If it appears that a sidewalk cafe is encroaching too much into the public way
  • If a food truck is illegally operating in front of your business
  • If you believe that you have been the victim of consumer fraud
  • If you have a complaint about a retail store
  • If you have a complaint about a restaurant
  • If you have a complaint about a cab

121 N. LaSalle Street, 8th Floor
(312) 744-6060

City of Chicago Contacts

For more information, please contact:

2nd Ward

Ald. Brian Hopkins

   [email protected]    312 643 2299

42nd Ward

Ald. Brendan Reilly

   [email protected]    312 642 4242

18th District (north of Chicago River)

Commander Daniel O'Shea

   [email protected]    312 742 5870

1st District (south of the Chicago River)

Commander Michael Pigott

   [email protected]    312 745 4290